geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Revision: 47004 - "...it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!"
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:56:30 GMT

Hi,

>See more information at http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat.

I'd like to clean up the lookup of the JSP TLD so that the last rebuild
step on the above wiki page is not required.  But I'm not sure how best
to proceed.

Tomcat registers that TLD on startup as a "local" resource so that it
doesn't have to go over the network to fetch it.  I could add a
configuration flag to not mark these resources as local, and then Tomcat
(whether by itself or embedded) would go to the remote location to grab
the resource.  Geronimo would set this configuration flag.  That would
be one way, not very pretty but workable.

Alternatively, and more specific to this case, Tomcat's TldConfig is
somewhat flexible in where it searches for TLD JAR resources.  I'll look
at that a bit more to try and come up with a decent solution.  (It
wouldn't be in Tomcat 5.0.28 of course, only 5.0.29 and beyond).

Yoav