geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: How to find out what Geronimo version is the build from?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:35:49 GMT
I generated a version properties file as part of the System module

file="${basedir}/target/classes/org/apache/geronimo/system/serverinfo/">##### Generated by Maven ####
copyright=Copyright (C) 2003-${yearFormat.format(now)}, The Apache
Software Foundation

Which are all available from

Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect
Gluecode Software
310.536.8355, ext. 26

On Sep 14, 2004, at 2:27 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
> I've just discovered that there's no simple (and known to me) way to
> find out what Geronimo version is the build from. Provided a Geronimo
> release has been downloaded or built, how to know it?
> I think of adding -v/--version cli option, but before doing it would
> like to hear if it's really not yet available. Would adding a build
> date or even better svn's $Rev$ be of any interest? Having it, solving
> issues would be much easier as the first question asked would be
> what's your Geronimo version - do this, and tell us the result.
> Jacek

View raw message