geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 47239 - in geronimo/trunk/modules: client-builder/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/client/builder connector/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/deployment connector/src/test/org/apache/geronimo/connector/deployment deployment/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/deployment deployment/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/deployment/plugin deployment/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/deployment/service deployment/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/deployment/util j2ee/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/j2ee j2ee/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/j2ee/deployment j2ee/src/test/org/apache/geronimo/j2ee/deployment jetty/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/jetty/deployment
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:27:59 GMT
On Sep 26, 2004, at 3:55 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> This might be moving in a good direction overall, but one aspect
> totally sucks, namely that in the ModuleBuilder interface in the
>     Module createModule(String name, Object planFile, JarFile
> moduleFile, URL specDDUrl, String targetPath) throws
> DeploymentException;
> method the planFile can be either a File or an XmlObject from an
> embedded plan.
>
> Personally I think at this point passing XmlObjects around rather than
> file-like objects is a better idea.

The planFile parameter can either be a File, XmlBean Object or null.  I
thought about parsing the file directly in the EarConfigBuilder, but
that would require the builder to know about all the XmlBeans schemas
used in module deployers (or XmlBeans parses it into a typeless thing
that looks like a DOM).  I prefer to simply pass the location through
to the module builder so it can handle it like it does for a standalone
module with an external plan (6 one way, half a dozen the other)....

-dain