geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: The J2EE compatibility tests
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:07:36 GMT
On Sep 15, 2004, at 7:37 AM, John Woolsey wrote:

> Are these publicly available yet? I heard they where going to be
> available because of JBoss certification or something. How about the
> EJB 1.1 spec tests?

We can not publish the J2EE compatibility tests.  The tests are owned
by Sun and only licensed to Apache for us to run them to determine
compatibility.  I personally would love to have these tests publicly
available, but it is something for Sun to decide.

As for your question on EJB 1.1, I am not allowed to give any
information on the tests themselves, but I can say that EJB 1.1 is a
required part of J2EE 1.4 (required for backward compatibility).

-dain