geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Defaulting client config ids
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:51:07 GMT
Currently we have to have a deployment plan for an EAR in order to
specify the config id for generated app clients. This is a pain and I
would like to propose a defaulting solution.

If we have a EAR file named "myApp.ear" then the configId for the ear
defaults to "myApp". We can use the hierarchical nature of URIs to nest
the client id inside this. So, for example, if the EAR contained a
client jar at path "myClient" the the configId used to run the client
could be defaulted to "myApp/myClient"

For a standalone app client, then the config should just default to the
file name as for other objects. However, we also need a server-side
config to hold the admin objects - this canbe defaulted to the configID
+ "/server" so for client "myClient.jar" the server-side configId would
be "myClient/server"

--
Jeremy