geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts on Geronimo
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:42:41 GMT
Eric Shannon wrote:
> I successfully deployed an application of mine that uses Struts
> actions and Tiles.

Was it with Jetty or Tomcat embedded? Also, I can't imagine how
Struts-based applications couldn't work on Geronimo. It's a job of
Jetty/Tomcat so how would it be broken (unless there's a bug in
Jetty/Tomcat themselves). I don't understand the worry :(

> I put the required struts and commons jars in the WEB-INF\lib
> directory.

That's how it's supposed to be done. That's a web application and all of
the jars should be underneath WEB-INF/lib whereas classes should go to
WEB-INF/classes.

> I expect you could also place them in the Geronimo
> repository and define the dependencies in your geronimo-jetty.xml
> file.

Why? Isn't it sufficient to put them in WEB-INF directories?

Jacek