geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dondi Imperial <dimper...@exist.com>
Subject (Noob alert) Bug in ToolsJarHack.java?
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:04:05 GMT
Hello everyone. I'm new here so please be gentle if I am wrong :). I
think there is a bug in
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ToolsJarHack.findToolsJarFile().
The line:

log.warn("Could not all find java compiler: tools.jar file not found at
" + toolsJarFile.getAbsolutePath() +
                " or " + toolsJarFile.getParentFile().getAbsolutePath());

this will only be reached if toolsJarFile is null (there is a check to
see if it is != null and it will return this value)  but here the code
is calling getAbsolutePat and getParentFile on a null object. This will
cause a NullPointerException everytime.

HTH,

Dondi Imperial