geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Revision: 47004 - "...it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!"
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:56:15 GMT
Hi,

Here are the greatest news I could ever announce myself while working
for the project. I was going sleep when suddenly the page at
http://localhost:8080 showed up and read:

"If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup
Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!"

...and I couldn't resist to tell you so! Hurray!

It means that Apache Tomcat 5.0.28 deployed the ROOT web application
while embedded as TomcatGBean into Apache Geronimo!

The application itself is not included in Geronimo sources, so you'll
need to download Tomcat and copy it to a directory, but once it's done
it will surely work. (as some of you may expect the deployment process
of Tomcat will have to "migrate" to Geronimo one).

Unless I have made a mistake during the commit 47004, the files are
ready to give them a whirl.

See more information at http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat.

Dobrej nocy,
Jacek