geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <>
Subject Re: Problem building from subversion
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:26:52 GMT
Gianny Damour wrote:

> This problem is fixed. It was due to the fact that the geronimo-tomcat
> artifact was not copied to the geronimo repository prior to deploy
> TomcatGBean.

Thanks Gianny!

> BTW, I have noticed a couple of "issues":
> * there is an indirect dependency between Catalina (the class) and the
> package. I have discovered this problem when mounting
> the geronimo-tomcat module within Eclipse. So we will need to declare a
> new dependency; and

I've noticed it too, but don't see a need to declare anything yet
(perhaps, because of the build order, it's still lurking and waiting to
show up).

> * to some extent we are lucky to have a build of geronimo-tomcat after
> assembly. Indeed, geronimo-tomcat assumes that the assembly module has
> been built, yet it does not declare a dependency to force a correct
> build order. I think that geronimo-tomcat should be installed like the
> other modules (e.g. geronimo-jetty).

Yes, that's totally true. There're a lot of work to do and I hope the
things you've raised will encourage someone to jump in and help with the
stuff. That's a fabulous time to contribute for anyone who keeps asking
yourself what to work on.

> Gianny

View raw message