geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Questions on OpenEJB, Castor and TranQL in Geronimo
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:27:09 GMT
Takling the TranQL bits ...

sissonj@insession.com wrote:

> * If I want to use Geronimo with a proprietary database that has a JDBC
> driver, is Castor the only library that may need modification to work
> with the proprietary database?  What about TranQL?

Castor is not involved in that. In TranQL we have a connector that wraps
a generic JDBC connection so if your database has one available we
should be able to use it. We are also rolling out vendor-specific
connectors that are intended to expose more advanced, proprietary
features of the drivers (such as native pooling or transparent failover).

> * What is TranQL's relationship with Geronimo and it's dependencies
> (e.g. which components use, or plan to use TranQL and under what
> circumstances would it be used)?  I tried to find more info but the
> TranQL site seems a bit broken (raised issue
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TQL-2 )

Currently OpenEJB2's CMP implementation uses it. The site is old and I
have not had the bandwidth recently to keep it up to date.

> * Where can I view the TranQL source?

http://cvs.tranql.codehaus.org/

Any questions please drop me a line.
--