geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: JNDI provider
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:27:43 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:

> My apologies, I didn't ask this correctly. Where did we get the
> JNDI implementation?

There are actually a couple that we use based on different characteristics.

The one for java: is located in o.a.g.naming and is designed for fast,
read-only access - what happens with ENC lookups. A group of us wrote it.

The one for geronimo: is in the same package and supports in-vm access
and is used for EJB and resource bindings. IIRC David Jencks did most of
that based on the java: code.

For EJB remoting we are using the one from OpenEJB; this may change at
some point to use other global naming services such as Eve.

--
Jeremy