geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:23:22 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Do you honestly think a newbie will be able to understand, download a
> plan, modify this, deploy it, and then start it? Now the augment to have
> a properties file works for me, but deploying a plan seems like one step
> too many.

People seem to manage quite well for WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, ... Of
course, it would have helped if we hadn't removed the plans from the
assembly at some point.

I remain opposed to properties files - WebLogic used to work that way
(up to V5 IIRC) and they dropped that approach because it was unmanageable.

--
Jeremy