geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:42:00 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Dain Sundstrom said:
>
> DS>I thought there was a System property for this.... I actually think we
> DS>need a System property, since this is the protocol used to run the
> DS>console (at least the one we have right now).  If your server had
> DS>something hosted at 8080 or blocked 8080, you would never be able to
> DS>get the console running to change that port.
>
> That is exactly my point. If I'm downloading the binary I don't
> want to have to install a new plan just to change the Jetty port
> number.

Why not?

Plans are just XML server configurations (collections of GBeans and
their properties bundled together). You can change them offline, or, if
you can connect to the server, change them online.

If you were doing this on, say WebLogic, you would edit the config.xml
file and reboot. For us, you edit the plan file and install it; if it is
the System plan then reboot. If you are using properties, you edit the
file with the properties in it and reboot. I don't see much difference.

--
Jeremy