geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:43:39 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>
>> You could deploy another jetty connector gbean on the port you want
>> to  use, but I don't know of an easy way to get rid of the one on port
>> 8080  or change it's port.
>

> $ grep -cl 8080 modules/assembly/src/plan/*-plan.xml
> modules/assembly/src/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml
>
> Once you changed it, do the build again. Provided it's already been
> done, just 'cd modules/assembly' and type 'maven'. It will build
> Geronimo again with Jetty listening to the 8080 port.

I know how to do this in the source code just fine. I was referring to
the *M2 binary download*. The port number is buried in the confer-ser
file. I'm suggesting that maybe we should provide the ability for the
user to easily change the port number via a system property.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\\@4VYY9&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'