geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: Ant tasks to mirror Maven Geronimo deploy plugin
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:41:04 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Bruce Snyder wrote:
>
>> Reuse seems like the best solution via wrapper classes. Are you
>> talking about jars that must be bootstrapped by Ant? I'm not sure how
>> this would fly, but I could drop the jars in the $ANT_HOME/lib
>> directory. Can you explain this further?
>

> Let me add to it before Dave wakes up :)
>
> The maven plugin expects the Geronimo-specific libraries, and
> (fortunatelly) Maven takes care of it, i.e. it'll download them when
> required (unlike Ant). That's how I understood the Dave's "fortunatelly".
>
> I don't know how exactly a plugin tells Maven what it needs, but in our
> build configuration, during the build Maven looks at
> modules/maven-plugin/project.xml and downloads the dependencies
> (declared as <dependencies/>). Therefore, once the build is done, the
> libs are in their place, ready to be used by the plugin.

I assumed he was talking about Maven's ability to manage dependencies
via the project.xml. I just wanted some clarification. This can be
accomplished (more or less) in Ant. Use Maven to create an Ant build
descriptor for any random project.xml (via the maven ant command) and
you'll see what I mean.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print