geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant tasks to mirror Maven Geronimo deploy plugin
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:21:31 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:

> Reuse seems like the best solution via wrapper classes. Are you talking
> about jars that must be bootstrapped by Ant? I'm not sure how this would
> fly, but I could drop the jars in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory. Can you
> explain this further?

Let me add to it before Dave wakes up :)

The maven plugin expects the Geronimo-specific libraries, and
(fortunatelly) Maven takes care of it, i.e. it'll download them when
required (unlike Ant). That's how I understood the Dave's "fortunatelly".

I don't know how exactly a plugin tells Maven what it needs, but in our
build configuration, during the build Maven looks at
modules/maven-plugin/project.xml and downloads the dependencies
(declared as <dependencies/>). Therefore, once the build is done, the
libs are in their place, ready to be used by the plugin.

> Bruce

Jacek