geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: Ant tasks to mirror Maven Geronimo deploy plugin
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:20:35 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Bruce Snyder wrote:
>
>> I've been looking through the info on the wiki WRT installing,
>> running, deploying, undeploying and stopping. These processes seem to
>> be fairly terse when using the Maven Geronimo deploy plugin. However,
>> the same steps for those who are not using the Maven Geronimo deploy
>> plugin are very verbose.
>

> That's unfortunatelly true, but...take a look at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/trunk/BUILDING.txt?rev=45859&root=Apache-SVN&view=markup

> and everything may become clearer.

No need to make it clearer, I understand. My point was that people who
aren't yet using Maven (and there are a lot of them) may be interested
in using Geronimo too. And when they see that there isn't an Ant task
available, this may dampen their interest.

> I'll update the Wiki page on[*] the content of the file.
>
>> Bruce
>

> [*] A short English lesson - should it be: update on sth or update with
> sth or...? I can't find it anywhere :(

You can use either one. Don't worry, Jacek, I understand what you mean ;-).

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\\@4VYY9&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'