geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: Ant tasks to mirror Maven Geronimo deploy plugin
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:57:12 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2004, at 10:35 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:
>
>> I've been looking through the info on the wiki WRT installing,
>> running, deploying, undeploying and stopping. These processes seem to
>> be fairly terse when using the Maven Geronimo deploy plugin. However,
>> the same steps for those who are not using the Maven Geronimo deploy
>> plugin are very verbose. It seems to me that all of this could be
>> abstracted by a set of Ant tasks.
>>
>> Also, I've looked everywhere for the Maven Geronimo plugin. Where in
>> the world can I find it?
>

> In the geronimo tree under modules/maven-plugin

I figured out it was my fault about two minutes after I sent the
original message >8-/.

>>  I'd like to get a look at the guts of it so that I can create a set
>> of Ant tasks to mirror the Maven plugin. Has anyone else thought
>> about  doing this? Also, what are some additional opinions on this
>> topic? Am  I just way off base here or do others also see value in
>> such a beast?
>

> I think you can reuse the maven plugin classes in ant taskdefs, or
> maybe you will have to wrap them to make them implement some ant
> interface.  It's going to be moderately inconvenient to use with ant
> due to the jars you need to get into the ant classpath.   Maybe you
> could build an uberjar containing all the dependencies.  It's
> (fortunately) been a long time since I've used ant, but I remember that
> using the similar ant add-on I wrote for jboss was painful due to the
> dependencies.

Reuse seems like the best solution via wrapper classes. Are you talking
about jars that must be bootstrapped by Ant? I'm not sure how this would
fly, but I could drop the jars in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory. Can you
explain this further?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print