geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion keyword expansion not working
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:03:37 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I'm sorry. Bad link... here is the correct one:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/trunk/etc/maven.xml?
> rev=45918&root=Apache-SVN&view=markup

Aha, I see. What's on the server differs from what's checked out. That's
nice and as you already pointed out very useful when merging branches.

> There are two steps:
>
> 1) change all places in our code where we have $Revsiosn$ to $Rev$
> 2) add the rev keyword to the list of keywords to expanded by
> subversion (must be done on a file by file basis)

Here's the script to run. It replaces $Revision: ...$ to $Rev$.

#!/bin/sh

find etc -path "*/.svn" -prune -o -type f -print | while read file;
do
         sed 's,\$Revision: [^$]* \$,\$Rev\$,' $file > $file.changed
         mv $file.changed $file
         rm $file.changed
done

Having done this, I'll be 'svn propset svn:keywords "author date id rev"
  $file' and commit the files ('svn ci --message "Changing $Revision$ to
$Rev$" $files).

Is the order ok? May I change the keyword, commit the change and propset
afterwards or is the commit not necessary?

Any comments?

> -dain

Jacek