geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion keyword expansion not working
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:35:22 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I think I got this one figured out.  It looks like Subversion is
> different from CVS in that it does not store files on the server with
> keywords expanded (which was totally throwing me off).  In CVS we had
> this stored on the server
> (http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator-geronimo/etc/maven.xml?
> view=markup):
>
> <!-- $Revision: 1.34 $ $Date: 2004/09/07 02:35:13 $ -->
>
> and in subversion we get this
> (http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/trunk/etc/maven.xml?
> rev=45828&root=Apache-SVN&view=markup):
>
> <!-- $Rev$ $Date$ -->

I see the same as the one above, i.e.

<!-- $Revision: 1.34 $ $Date: 2004/09/07 02:35:13 $ -->

So, either we look at different files or I do not fully understand your
explanation :(

> svn propset svn:keywords "author date id rev" files
>
> Well we only really need date and rev, but might as well have the  others.

That one was discussed before and we decided to have *only* rev and
date. I don't see any value in having them in the source code again.

> Anyone with commit want to take a shot at make these changes?

As said above, I don't understand what would have to be done, so can't
help :(

> -dain

Jacek