geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Woolsey <jwool...@activation.net>
Subject Socket Question
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:17:40 GMT
I was wondering how the socket class is implemented. Does it basically
assume blocking io? I know you can read without anything there and it
blocks. Is there a way to hook a callback in so that if data is incoming
it will do something?

I chased through the lib source code and managed to trace it back to a
native call. I didn't see anything like a callback there. I just looked
through a few C/C++ tutorials and don't see anything about callbacks
there either, but I had to ask.

                                          - bfn - JAW