geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-geronimo project.xml
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:40:40 GMT
dain@apache.org wrote:

> dain        2004/09/01 21:31:08
>
>   Modified:    applications/jmxdebug project.xml
>                applications/demo project.xml
>                etc      version-info.ent
>                .        project.xml
>   Log:
>   Changed version tags to use entity references

Awesome! I really like the idea of using the entity references. I have
seen it the first time in OpenEJB2 (I guess it was Dave who made the
changes) and I was deeply entertained.

I haven't seen it anywhere, but in Geronimo and OpenEJB (which simply
means I don't spend too much time reading others' code :)). I think
people tend to use highly complicated solutions before using such simple
ones.

I hope others have also so much fun reading the code. These're lessons
you'll never have a chance to take at no charge!

Just couldn't resist to not send it to the ML :)

Jacek