geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build changes coming...
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:06:26 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> Depending on how ambitious you are feeling you might consider using
> multiproject instead of our homegrown solution.  Being able to select
> the modules and types easily is nice but I no longer think it is worth
> maintaining the jelly code to do it.  As I pointed out a few weeks ago
> it is already possible to build everything together using multiproject.

Hey,

I'm not Maven-savvy, but always wondering why do we have to maintain the
Jelly code if there's the Maven alternative - the multiproject support.
I'm +1 for using that feature.

I'd like to help transitioning to use the feature, but feel myself as
being not ready to do it alone. Some additional steps would be of great
help. I also think the transition would be a great place to start for
people  who question themselves what really needs their contribution.

> I haven't tried building the site using multiproject.

Let's put it straight: are there any volunteers to try it out? :)

> +1 on all the suggested changes

Me too - +1.

Jacek