geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From adam <adbrown...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Socket Fun
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:06:53 GMT
Referencing by ObjectOutputStream.  The second time you serialize the
object out over the stream, ObjectOutputStream replaces it with a
reference back to the one it just sent.  In one of the older JVMs, this
kept things that were serialized from being garbage collected, although
that's been fixed now.

Adam