geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Subversion keyword expansion not working
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:18:54 GMT
I think I got this one figured out.  It looks like Subversion is
different from CVS in that it does not store files on the server with
keywords expanded (which was totally throwing me off).  In CVS we had
this stored on the server
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator-geronimo/etc/maven.xml?
view=markup):

<!-- $Revision: 1.34 $ $Date: 2004/09/07 02:35:13 $ -->

and in subversion we get this
(http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/trunk/etc/maven.xml?
rev=45828&root=Apache-SVN&view=markup):

<!-- $Rev$ $Date$ -->

I think this is pretty cool and should eliminate with the keyword
conflicts that CVS had.  Assuming we want the same keywords we had
before, we will need to modify all files to change \$Revision: .* \$ to
$Rev$ (assuming I got the regex right).  Then we need to change all of
our non-binary files to have these keywords.

svn propset svn:keywords "author date id rev" files

Well we only really need date and rev, but might as well have the
others.

Anyone with commit want to take a shot at make these changes?

Also can one of you script ninjas write a script to check if we are
using any other CVS keywords?

Thanks,

-dain

--