geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Revision: 47004 - "...it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!"
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:23:12 GMT
On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 12:56:15AM +0200, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are the greatest news I could ever announce myself while working
> for the project. I was going sleep when suddenly the page at
> http://localhost:8080 showed up and read:
>
> "If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup
> Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!"
>
> ...and I couldn't resist to tell you so! Hurray!
>
> It means that Apache Tomcat 5.0.28 deployed the ROOT web application
> while embedded as TomcatGBean into Apache Geronimo!
>
> The application itself is not included in Geronimo sources, so you'll
> need to download Tomcat and copy it to a directory, but once it's done
> it will surely work. (as some of you may expect the deployment process
> of Tomcat will have to "migrate" to Geronimo one).
>
> Unless I have made a mistake during the commit 47004, the files are
> ready to give them a whirl.
>
> See more information at http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat.

This is fantastic!

I'm guessing these are on the laundry list on things yet to be
completed.  You can clarify or add to the list.

  -- Deployment: TomcatWarModuleBuilder for war and ear deployment
  -- Security: JAAS integration with the Geronimo JAAS Provider
  -- Security: JACC integration with the Geronimo JACC Provider
  -- JNDI: Ability to get EJBs deployed in Geronimo
  -- JNDI: Ability to get JCA Resources in Geronimo
  -- JNDI: Ability to get UserTransaction form Geronimo
  -- Transaction: Ability to enroll in Geronimo controlled transactions
  -- JSR 77 Integration

David