geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat integration - let's have Tomcat working in Geronimo
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 04:32:17 GMT
Hi Jacek,
     I would like to volunteer for this work.
 Six months ago N. Alex Rupp wrote to
<geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org>, subject : Does
Geronimo use tomcat? -
  "...............However, I must warn you.  Tomcat is
not capable of being truly
integrated into
the Geronimo environment, because it does not use a
componentized
architectural
style.  Tomcat is very much an application, which can
be bolted onto
the side of
Geronimo, but cannot be broken down and encapsulated
into GBeans which
are then
able to be individually managed by the
container............"
     Do you know if these issues have been resolved?

                                                 TIA
                                                Anita