geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Horn <ken.h...@clara.co.uk>
Subject Re: JNDI provider / remote jndi
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:11:05 GMT
Quick question on remote JNDI access.

Does the java: provider below one provide remote access -- ie j2ee
client app?

For security reasons, we want to be able to bind some/all resources for
a given app into a jndi tree (by any reasonable means: subtree /
provider / naming convention) that cannot be accessed outside of the
cluster. This will stop users who can authenticate to the container,
being able to write a client app, to pull (for example) a database
connection out of jndi and bypass business rules to hit the db
directly.

Thanks for any help,

Ken.