geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Prem kalyan <prem.kal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help ! security realms
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:42:06 GMT
hi Alan , Gianny

 Thanks for the suggestions and the direction. I went through the
"security Providers" thread but that didn't clear my questions. As far
as my understanding of Realm goes it is
"logical grouping of Users, Groups, ACLs, and permissions" , is it the
same in geronimo or something else.

          When i went through
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=dev@geronimo.apache.org&msgNo=8168
 this message archive  , the security realm basically talks about JAAS
modules (LoginContext , LoginModules and Gbeans etc....)  , users .

1 .  What about permissions and the ACL context.
2.   Where do we specify all that stuff that went into the Gbean( i
mean do we specify it in DD or do we need to write policy files and
config files for JAAS)
3.   What entries do we need to make in Deployment descriptors.
4.   How are role names related to realm-names (WHY realm PART OF
role-name) in openejbjar.xml's XSD.

--
regards,
prem