geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject RE: Unit/Stress Tests
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:41:44 GMT
1) There is a maven build flag that lets builds complete, regardless of
the tests' completion status.  IMHO, if something breaks for them, then
something is broken for their configuration and they should know about
it; this is the raison d'etre of unit tests.  People who cannot handle
this should be directed to pre-built jars, though I suspect that most
responsible shops will run the unit tests on their target platforms.

However, if it takes a long time, then this is a different matter; I
like David Jenks' idea of running smaller, quicker, tests.

2) +1

Regards,
Alan