geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bordet, Simone" <simone.bor...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Strange XSD error after WAR deploying
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:53:15 GMT
Hi,

> That is really weird.  Do any of your files contain the text
> "jsp-configType"?

No.

> Just a guess, but maybe this is something that the file at
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd is pulling
> in?  Does it work if you remove the xsi:schemaLocation attribute?

The XSD at http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd is, I guess, buggy.

The element jsp-config is declared but never defined; not so happens for all other elements,
for example "welcome-file-list" or "error-page".

It seems to me that Jetty is checking for XSDs, but I could not find any Jetty config file.
I am really a newby here, if someone can help...
Also, I tried to fix the XSD and let it be served by a local server, but the thing is going
back home (at java.sun.com) every time. I checked Jetty, and it seems to have hardcoded the
URL, it explains the "going back home".

I am really puzzled by the fact that apparently noone noticed the XSD bug, and it's there
since 24 Nov 2003 !

Does this means Geronimo must always be online to work ? Sorry if you already discussed this,
I'm trying to catch up.

Thanks,

Simon