geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Choi Jongjin" <gunsn...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [EWS]fix the Axis module
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:41:35 GMT
Hi srinath and Ias.

Sorry for late reply.
I am now out of office in business trip and have intermittent internet
connection.

Srinath, did you remeber the AXIS-1501?

I think the applied patch for AXIS-1501
(http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1501)
is the main cause of this problem.
After this patch, all the xml names for schema's complexType and its
contained elements and attributes maps its corresponding java name in the
JavaGeneratorFactory.java#javafyTypeEntryNames().
It is the single point for xml-to-java name mapping. (Before this patch,
these mappings are spreaded in JavaGeneratorFactory, JavaBeanWriter and
JavaBeanHelperWriter.
So it is difficult to collect the xml-to-java name mapping infomation for
the target WSDL)

The last time I saw the ews's J2eeGeneratorFactory in a month ago or so, I
remember that
it is very similar to Axis's JavaGeneratorFactory and so much code is
duplicated.
(EWS's J2eeGeneratorFactory is based on Ias's code which was coded when he
was in Tmax Soft.)

I guess that duplicated code in J2eeGeneratorFactory can be removed by
extending JavaGeneratorFactory and using its  hooking methods in
JavaGeneratorFactory and o.a.axis.toJava.Emitter.

Srinath, Can I handle this directly in the next week?
I think I can be back to my office in the next week.
I will try to send you my code for J2eeGeneratorFactory and J2eeEmitter, if
possible, before then.

Thanks.