geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Proposal for output of assembly module
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 18:22:01 GMT
The assembly module doesn't conform to the maven standard action of
producing an artifact, and its results are not in the module itself.
Furthermore it doesn't produce an easily installable geronimo instance.

I'd like to suggest that the assembly module should produce a zip file
of what it builds, currently into
target/geronimo-${pom.currentVersion}, and install it in the local repo
as a zip artifact.

Then we can extend the geronimo-maven plugin with a little bit of jelly
script to unpack this zip into the target of the module using the
plugin.  This will make it easy to get back to pristine geronimo
installations.

Thoughts?

thanks
david jencks