geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Subramanian Sethuraman <subramani...@aztec.soft.net>
Subject RE: An Enthusiastic
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:12:45 GMT
Hey David,

Thanks for your mail.  What I am trying to say is, some body might require
assistance for some jobs.

So, I would like to start in that way.  So, that I can understand some of
the functionalities well.  That could be
a better point for me to start with.

Expecting your valuable suggestions.

Thanks & Regards
Subramanian S

-----Original Message-----
From: David Blevins [mailto:david.blevins@visi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 10:32 AM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: An Enthusiastic

Hey Subramanian,

The reply to Jean-Marc is pretty much the best approach.

Open source isn't a "tell me what to do" kind of world--which is good,
IMO.  Who likes to be bossed around for no money?  You find something
you want to do, then let us know how we can help you.

That's pretty much it.

Finding something to do is too easy: grab a scratch pad and start
using Geronimo; write down everything that doesn't meet your
expectations, didn't work, didn't work as you though, or generally
needs work; pick the easiest thing on the list and do it.

Seriously, pick the easiest one on your list.  It will be harder than
you think.

-David