geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <>
Subject Re: help ! security realms
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:03:32 GMT
On 25/08/2004 2:43 AM, Prem kalyan wrote:

>hi all,
>       I am going through the security part of geronimo and the
>corresponding deployment descriptor elements.I have few questions in
>this regard
>          1. What are all the different security realms supported in geronimo.
>          2. What values does the attribute 'realm-name' in tag <realm> takes.
Hi Prem,

I think that you should have a look to a previous thread named "Security
providers". Alan is describing how the security layer is implemented and
covers more or less these questions.

>          3. What is the equivalent in geronimo  for "filerealm" in weblogic.
If you have a look in var/security of a Geronimo installation, you will
see for instance a file. This guy is to Geronimo what is for WebLogic (OK, the WebLogic one does not
store the password in clear).

View raw message