geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Woolsey <jwool...@activation.net>
Subject JAXP Problems
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:38:16 GMT
Okay I am having trouble with JAXP. I parse through the tree and find my
element_nodes easily. Then I go for getNodeValue and it always seems to
be null. I am using Xerces 2 to process. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

                        - thanx - JAW

        System.setProperty(
        "javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory",
        "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl");
        return dfactory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
      HashMap result = new HashMap();

      Document doc = XML.getFactory().newDocumentBuilder().parse(
      new InputSource( new FileInputStream(deployPath +
"META-INF/ejb-jar.xml")));
      Node node = XPathAPI.selectSingleNode( doc,
"ejb-jar/enterprise-beans");

      NodeList childList = node.getChildNodes();
      for( int i=0;i<childList.getLength();i++){
        Node child = childList.item(i);
        if( child.getNodeType() == Node.ELEMENT_NODE){
          Element element = (Element)child;
          String name = element.getTagName();
          NamedNodeMap namedNodeMap = element.getAttributes();
          System.out.println( name + "  " +
namedNodeMap.item(0).getNodeValue() );
          result.put( name, child.getNodeValue() );
        }
      }
      return result;

<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise
JavaBeans 2.0//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd">
<ejb-jar>
    <enterprise-beans>
        <!-- Session Beans -->
        <session>
            <description>Mail Processing Session Bean.</description>
            <display-name>MailProcessingServerDisplayName</display-name>
            <ejb-name>MailProcessingServer</ejb-name> <!-- Matches with
JBoss.xml -->
            <home>honour.session.MailProcessHome</home>
            <remote>honour.session.MailProcess</remote>
            <ejb-class>honour.session.MailProcessBean</ejb-class>
            <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
        </session>
    </enterprise-beans>
</ejb-jar>