geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <>
Subject Re: Is geronimo compatible with resource adapters deployed in weblogic
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:27:06 GMT
On 12/08/2004 6:20 PM, Sai Arunachalam wrote:

>    I would be happy to know as to what would be the equivalents for
>the following 4 tags that are part of weblogic-ra.xml  (weblogic
>specific deployment descriptor for resource adapters).
>weblogic has what is known as a principal map for security:
Geronimo defines what is known as a ReamlBridge. Various RealmBridge
implementations are availale (have a look here and this WebLogic configuration
refers to a PropertiesFilePrincipalMappingUserPasswordRealmBridge.

The tag to use is <realm-bridge>, cf. the .xsd. It specifies a
RealmBridge name.

Then, you declare the RealmBridge which matches your needs at the end of
the geronimo-ra.xml file. This is a standard GBean, yet its name MUST be,name=<the RealmBridge name that
you are declared>

This guy overrides the one in the ra.xml DD.

This tuning parameter is not implemented. The various pool
implementations add only one ManagedConnection at a time.

As a matter of fact, I have never used this WebLogic feature. Having
said that, Geronimo implements other features.

Not implemented.

Not implemented.

View raw message