geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: IBiblio Jars
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:30:21 GMT

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Bordet, Simone wrote:

> I have been asked to update the jars in IBiblio by some MX4J user.  If I
> remember well, they were setup there for the Geronimo build, so I'd like
> to ask how do I update/add jars there ?

What is happening here ? Apache files under the apache file are
distributed from an apache.org site -ONLY-.

That other people have copies or mirrors is great; but we should not rely
on ASF files on non ASF controlled machines for the simple reason that if
we get an IP, patent or other claim (no matter how frivoulous or false) we
need to be able immediately suspend access to the first point in the
distribution chain if needed and NOT rely on a third party. (I.e. cease
distribution).

If we are talking about 3rd party files under a 3rd party license then
ignore this message of course :)

Dw.