geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From toby cabot <>
Subject web app calling ejb: "class not found" at deployment
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:31:23 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to deploy a web application that calls an EJB.  I can
deploy the EJB and call if from a command-line Java client, so I think
that part works, thanks to this list for help with JNDI.

I did the usual stuff in the servlet, but when I add

to web.xml I get a stack trace when I run the deploy tool.

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException: Remote interface class not found: g6o.ejbclient.StatelessSession
        at org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.assureInterface(
        at org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.assureEJBObjectInterface(
        at org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.addEJBRefs(

I've got the EJB interfaces in a jar in the war file's WEB-INF/lib
directory, but I also tried putting the jar with the EJB interfaces in
geronimo's lib directory with the same result.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

View raw message