geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo feature list and documentation
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 05:21:43 GMT
On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 12:13:00AM +0530, Sai Arunachalam wrote:

> Can you please send me some links where I can get the documentation.

The wiki is the primary documentation location.

 - http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo

> I am primarily in need of the features that are supported by the
> soon-to-be released version of Geronimo.

Here is the current changelog for M2 (not yet released).

 - http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=10705&styleName=Html&projectId=10220&Create=Create

Comparing Geronimo to other app servers is fine as long as you
understand your findings will be largely irrelavent in sort order.
I'd encourage you to compare our M1 changelog against the current M2
changelog to get an idea of how fast things change.

Here is the changelog of the M1 release.

 - http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=10702&styleName=Html&projectId=10220&Create=Create

Will Geronimo be production quality?  Definitely, yes.

Is Geronimo M1 or M2 production quality?  Definitely, no.

Who should try out M2?  Developers with patients and time to camp out
on the dev list and flush out issues.

Who shouldn't try out M2?  Developers who aren't willing to report
problems and work with us in its resolution.

-David