geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Freddi Gyara <fgy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sandbox/messaging - your feedbacks are welcome
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:55:43 GMT
A couple of suggestions:
a) Do we really need to have a specific topology. Since we are using
Multicast, ALL the servers in the cluster would get the multicast
packets anyway.
The servers can then work out their "neighbours" through a simple
(pluggable ?) sort algorithm.

b) The clustering code should be delineated from the rest of Geronimo
through a clear set of API.
Useful functions would include:
publishToNeighbours(obj): Publishes an object to the server's
neighbours in the cluster. The identification of neighbours,
marshalling and transport is left to the clustering layer to decide.
This would be useful for example, to cluster HttpSessions

publishGlobally(obj): Publishes an object to the entire cluster. eg
clustered JNDI context.