geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <Alan.Cabr...@reuters.com>
Subject RE: JSP compilation
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:31:44 GMT
Tools.jar needs to be in your classpath.

Regards,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Fletcher [mailto:jfletcher@voicelog.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 10:25 AM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: JSP compilation

I'm trying to deploy a war with jsp pages in it, an I'm getting

No Java compiler was found to compile the generated source for the JSP.

Not a big surprise, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

I tried adding a jetty-web.xml to WEB-INF with the following:
..
<Configure class="org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext">
    <Call name="addClassPath">
      <Arg type="String">/usr/java/java/lib/tools.jar</Arg>
    </Call>
</Configure>

But no luck there.  Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a better approach?

Thanks,
Jeff

the views of Reuters Ltd.