geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: geronimo-ra.xml <config-property-setting> rationale?
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:38:50 GMT
this lets you do two things:

1. deploy an unmodified third party adapter without changing the
supplied ra.xml
2. deploy several instances of a resource adapter in one deployment
unit.

If you leave the config-property-setting elements out, the default
values from the ra.xml are (supposed to be) used.  I think there's even
a test.

I'm not sure if it is implemented yet, but it should be possible at
some point to deploy an adapter + geronimo-ra.xml that is not packed
into the adapter, so e.g if the rar is signed you could still use it.

david jencks