geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: ResourceAdapter.start() not getting called?
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:24:02 GMT

On Saturday, July 10, 2004, at 11:50 AM, toby cabot wrote:

<snip>
> Does this imply that my geronimo-ra.xml
>
> <bootstrapcontext-name>geronimo.connector:role=BootstrapContext</
> bootstrapcontext-name>
>
> element is wrong?  It wouldn't surprise me since I'm not clear on what
> that element's supposed to do anyway.

yes.  I tried to make the names somewhat more uniform and it is now

geronimo.server:type=BootstrapContext

As I recall I discovered while working with ActiveMQ this was one of
the many configuration errors in the default configuration and tests.

This reference tells the deployer which pre-configured BootstrapContext
to use.  This primarily is going to give you a choice of
WorkManager/thread pools for your inbound adapters.

Since it is unlikely that anyone will be running more than one
TransactionManager/XATerminator in a geronimo server, perhaps this
should be made a little clearer by specifying the WorkManager directly
in the ResourceAdapter config and constructing a BootstrapContext per
ResourceAdapter instance.  Opinions?

Also, perhaps we should adopt a naming convention for all these gbeans
such as

geronimo.server:type=BootstrapContext,name=MyBootstrapContext

so the reference to it only contains "MyBootstrapContext".

thanks
david jencks