geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Javamail license
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:56:35 GMT
I know Geir has been working on this, but it popped up on my radar
again... I think we have a serous problem with Javamail unless sun is
willing to relicense it.  The license is here

I think the biggest problem for us is this section (near the bottom):

(vi) you agree to defend and indemnify Sun and its licensors from and
against any
damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or expenses
attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any claim, lawsuit or
action by
any third party that arises or results from the use or distribution of
and all Programs and/or Software.

Does the ASF allow us to ship software from ASF servers that contain
dependencies that have this kind of language?

View raw message