geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Installing Confluence [was Re: Manual]
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:27:49 GMT
jastrachan@mac.com wrote:
>> I personally think the wiki is the best place to develop
>> documentation, because everyone can participate.  The issue is our
>> wiki software is... lets say difficult.  James Strachan has a neat
>> utility for Confluence wiki, which Codehaus uses, that converts the
>> wiki markup to html, pdf and runs all the test cases coded into the
>> wiki.  I would like to follow a similar route for our docs where we
>> develop them on the wiki and regularly stamp them and check them into
>> the project xdocs.
>>
>> Does anyone know what we need to do to get Confluence running at Apache?
>
> JiraMike was saying at JavaOne that there's a guy at Atlassian who's an
> apache member who'd be willing to help make this happen. I'd consumed a
> fair bit of alcohol at this point and I think it was Jeff right?
>
> Mike / Jeff care to help us out?

Atlassian is incredibly supportive of the ASF, and it takes nothing from
them.  We just need someone to volunteer to install and maintain it
(like I did for JIRA).  I'd be interested in helping with Confluence as
well.

However, I've been really busy this summer and slacking off helping with
JIRA, so if someone wants to volunteer to get Confluence going and help,
that's all it'll take.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501