geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: sandbox/messaging - your feedbacks are welcome
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 04:11:23 GMT
On 20/07/2004 11:29 PM, Freddi Gyara wrote:

>a) Users should have the choice of not having to specify one (default
>topology). Otherwise the complexity of setting up the cluster could be
>too onerous.

Actually, I have implemented the Ring topology to avoid having to create
a custom topology. Whatever the number of servers, the implementation
is autonomous and will always build a ring. BTW, it is possible to
implement algorithms to build topologies that human will have a  lot of
pain to do themself. For instance to built an hypercube of dimension 4
and provide the shortest paths between two nodes of such a graph is
rather time consuming and error-prone, at least for a human :).

>A list of "prefered neighbours" - that may be a simpler configuration
>option v/s the definition of a topology

I will make this happen.

Thanks,
Gianny