geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Thread pool strategy
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:34:16 GMT

Not surprising considering Doug wrote the stuff in 1.5 :)

>  We may want to accomodate that later, even if we use the
> standalone version for now.  I guess that suggests that we use our own
> Executor interface that happens to be the same as Doug's, so that if we
> later switch the underlying mechanics to JDK 1.5 then we can drop the
> dependency on the standalone concurrency library.

The nice thing about GBeans is you can have a proxy to a GBean that
implements an interface that the GBean does not.  We simply match up
the method signatures of "proxy interface" with the signatures of the
operations and attributes exposed from the GBean.  So in Geronimo code
we can use our own interface (or the one in concurrent) and if users
want to use 1.5 interfaces it will still work.

-dain