geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: Thread pool strategy
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:12:22 GMT

On Jul 9, 2004, at 9:23 AM, Alan Cabrera wrote:

> Do you think it would be a good idea to allow someone to provide their
> own thread pool manager for Geronimo?

Given these two comments, could we simply standardize on the Executor
interface in Doug Lea's concurrent for our "thread pools", so anyone
that needed to use a thread pool would just depend on a GBean that
implemented Executor?  Then we just wrap up the concurrent
PooledExecutor (and the other ones) with a GBean.

Is that too simple of a solution for this problem?

View raw message