geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject EJB lookup in JNDI?
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:23:58 GMT
Hi Folks,

With Gianny's fix for EJB deployment (thanks!) I can now run the
deploy tool on modules/j2ee/target/test-ejb-jar.jar and start up the
server and everything looks good, i.e. no stack traces.  Now I'm
trying to call the EJB from a unit test outside Geronimo but I'm stuck
looking it up.  I cribbed some JNDI parameters from one of the unit
tests and I can connect to JNDI but when I list the entries in the ""
context all I find is "JMXConnector".  I seem to get the same result
no matter what I pass to InitialContext.list().

Here are my properties:
  <target name="test-geronimo" description="Run the unit tests that depend on the build
having been deployed in Geronimo.">
    <java classname="skeleton.ServerUnitTest" failonerror="true" classpathref="testpath">
      <sysproperty   key="java.naming.factory.initial" value="com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory"
/>
      <sysproperty   key="java.naming.factory.url.pkgs" value="org.apache.geronimo.naming"
/>
      <sysproperty   key="java.naming.provider.url" value="rmi://localhost:1099"/>
    </java>
   </target>

The EJB's entry in openejb-jar.xml is:
    <enterprise-beans>
        <session>
            <ejb-name>SimpleStatelessSession</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>client/test/simple/SimpleStatelessSessionHome</jndi-name>
        </session>
    </enterprise-beans>

I guess I should ask first if this functionality (i.e. remote JNDI and
EJB calls) is even implemented, maybe I'm trying something that's not
built yet.  If it's supposed to work I'd welcome any tips people can
offer.

Regards,
Toby